Cellectis Inc. is located in New York City (Hospital District, Manhattan), and invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow for the department of Early Discovery.
This position is focused on the development of new leads for Cellectis therapeutics’ program for adoptive immunotherapy and/or gene therapy. Candidate should be highly self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-moving, goal-oriented environment.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with hands-on experience in immunology, gene therapy, protein and cellular engineering to join the Early Discovery team as a Postdoctoral Fellow. The successful candidate will:
- Work as part of the research team of Cellectis to develop next generation adoptive immunotherapy and gene therapy, reporting to one of our senior scientists
- Work independently, design and execute experiments in molecular biology, cellular biology as well as in vivo experiments
- Organize and analyze results, communicate and present findings in team meetings and scientific publications
- Develop the company’s intellectual property by creating innovative cell engineering solutions
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ph.D. with a background in immunology is preferred.
- Hands-on expertise with tissue culture of cell lines and primary cells, in particular primary human T cells and/or PBMCs
- Hands-on expertisewith mouse in vivo experimentation
- Experience in molecular biology, golden gate cloning
- Experience in manipulation and generation of lentivirus is desirable
- Direct expertize in cellular transfection/transduction methods
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry as well as data analysis using FlowJo software
- Experience in immunology techniques including ELISpot assyas, ELISAs, colony forming unit (CFU) assay, flow-based cytokine determination, cellular proliferation and cytotoxicity assays
- Knowledge of established genome editing technologies is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communciation skills in English (knowledge of French will be a plus)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environnement and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Being a team player
How to Apply
Applicants should send their CV, a description of their research experience and interest to CLI_PDI_2016email@example.com