The new team member will join our research team to provide critical support for ongoing and emerging research projects involving gene editing. The ideal candidate is a Molecular Biologist with strong interest in gene editing and gene therapy. Candidate should be highly self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-moving, goal-oriented environment.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong molecular and cellular biology skills to join the Early Discovery team as a research Associate
The successful candidate will:
- Develop tools for next generation gene therapies as part of the research team at Cellectis.
- Work closely with staff scientists to develop experimental strategy in areas like Gene Editing, Protein Science, and Molecular Biology
- Operate effectively and autonomously in a multi-disciplinary team
- Organize, perform, analyze experiments and present results in a clear and concise manner
- Report directly to a Scientist or Senior Scientist.
- Ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the analytical laboratory.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- BS/MS in biology, molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, biochemistry or related discipline
- At least 1+ year track record of lab experience
Required technical skills include:
- Very strong foundation in molecular biology skills, including primer design, PCR, molecular cloning, mRNA synthesis, RT-PCR and qPCR.
- Solid experience with MiSeq next-generation sequencing (NGS).
- Experience with DNA software tools including plasmid and sequence analysis
- Familiar with protein engineering approaches (mutagenesis, library construction) and protein assays such as Flow Cytometry, Western Blotting, ELISA.
- Knowledge of established genome editing technologies is desirable.
- Experience with mammalian cells culture is also highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience in high-throughput and/or high-content technologies is a plus
- Ability to meticulously maintain an electronic lab notebook (ELN), document laboratory information management system (LIMS) and drafting SOPs.
- Excellent organizational skills, multitasking proficiency in an extremely fast-paced environment with evolving priorities
- Being a team player