The successful applicant will have a strong scientific background and proven accomplishments in the use of hematopoietic stem cells. As part of the Cellectis research team, the candidate will contribute to our ongoing efforts to develop differentiated therapeutic approaches using our gene editing technology. Candidates should be highly self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-moving, goal-oriented environment.
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated individual to join us as a project leader. The successful candidate will work as part of the Cellectis research team to develop the next generation of gene and cell therapies for rare diseases. The ideal candidate is an experienced hematopoietic stem cell biologist with strong interest in gene editing and gene therapy. The candidate will develop and execute in vitro and in vivo studies to explore and create innovative gene and cell therapies. Candidates must be independent with strong skills in problem solving, data analysis and communication.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ph. D. in hematology, immunology or related field with > 2 years of post-doctoral research experience in hematopoietic stem cell biology or a related field in an academic or industry setting
- Solid experience in experimental hematopoiesis and multi-parametric flow cytometry Hands-on experience in stem cell handling including hematopoietic stem cells.
- Proficiency in mouse handling and experimental techniques
- Extremely rigorous experimental design and execution.
- Be responsible, organized and have a great capacity and enthusiasm for research
- Familiarity with gene editing is an advantage
- Track record of successful internal and external scientific collaborations
- Excellent troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently are required
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a highly-collaborative team environment